Παρασκευή 23 Αυγούστου 2013

Dear Savvas Michael-Matsas,

The Campaign for Peace and Democracy in the U.S. has brought to my attention the incredible injustice of the lawsuit filed against you by Chryssi Avghi and the Greek authorities. Please be informed that I have signed the petition at Change.org in solidarity with you and Constantine Moutzouris.

This is the first I have heard about this travesty of justice and democracy - here in Switzerland the case seems to have gone unreported. There is widespread awareness of the brutality of the policies waged by the government of Mr. Antonis Samaras against its own people at the behest of the Troika, but the extent of its collusion with neo-Nazi forces and the extreme right is virtually unknown. The persecution of you and Mr. Moutzouris will certainly bring this dangerous state of affairs to the attention of a much wider public.

I admire your courage and wish you both fortitude and tranquility as you face these legal proceedings. You are certainly not alone. The solidarity of all true democrats accompanies you.

With respect and friendship,

Dennis Clagett
Nyon,  Switzerland

P.S. The only positive aspect of this situation for me is that I have become aware of your remarkably original oeuvre as described by Michael Löwy in his statement of support for you. I will certainly be exploring your work to the extent that it is available in the languages  I more or less command